I Heart Studios is looking for an experienced e-commerce Senior Photographer to join our expanding team in Amsterdam.
As Senior Photographer you will be working alongside, and reporting to, the Studio Manager and take full responsibility for setting the direction for the team, ensuring efficient delivery of our product imagery. The role will be divided into two main functions, assisting with the managing of the photography department and taking high quality imagery for our clients.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Confidently providing support to the Studio Manager by supervising the photography team.
- Lead teams and provide on set support for all teams, ensuring the studio runs smoothly.
- Briefing photographers on variety of sets and shoots, ensuring they are aware of the daily priorities.
- Managing the performance and conduct of employees, including bi-annual employee appraisals.
- Identifying development needs with the team and facilitating training, including developing documents and guidelines.
- Assist in the day-to-day scheduling of the studio and where needed manage a solid pool of freelancers.
- Host regular department meetings with the photographic team.
- QC images on studio floor; including managing team of photographers to assist with checks.
- Ensuring all products shot by the photographic team are lit correctly, efficiently and creatively, in accordance with our company guidelines.
- Implementing structural procedures for all team members to prepare sets, checking that all equipment is fully functional, setting up appropriate lighting and keeping accurate daily shot records.
- Overall responsibility for the creation and the delivery of digital assets.
- Ensuring team are keeping to deadlines and managing workload.
- Communicating feedback and client updates to the team.
- Produce exceptional high quality and consistent images when working on set, ensuring they are correctly exposed and colour consistent.
- Meet strict daily and weekly deadlines
- Ensure the client briefs and style guides are followed; maintaining strong relationships with client services.
- Confidently work across brands and work on creative and client facing shoots.
- Report on performance and conduct of employees in collaboration with Studio Manager.
- Identifying development needs within the team and facilitating training.
- Inspire and motivate team to deliver great results.
- Uploading/downloading images on and off FTP site.
- Provide proactive support to studio with assessment of problem areas and implementation of solutions.
- Engage with development of I Heart portfolio; including creating relevant mood boards alongside the Creative Director (based in London) for upcoming photo shoots.
- Maintain strong relationships with Senior Management and Directors to ensure studio development.
Skills and Experience Required
- Graduate or similar in a visual arts related degree with 10 years of equivalent proven experience.
- Previous experience working within a digital photographic studio.
- Previous commercial photographic experience.
- Proven experience with managing and developing a team.
- Exceptional photography and lighting skills with an excellent understanding of colour correction.
- Exceptional working knowledge of using Capture One, Canon and Photoshop, is essential.
- Capable of working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand client brief and ensure adhered to through all aspects of production to finished product.
- A meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills – English compulsory, Dutch an advantage.
- Flexible, self-motivated, positive and hard working.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and motivate others to achieve within the required timeframe is essential.
- Exceptional people management skills with proven experience of developing a team.
- Ability to multi task and work independently; able to manage additional projects or duties without compromising key job duties.
What we offer
- A full time position with a contract for one year, with possible extension to an indefinite contract, at a fast-growing photography studio in Amsterdam.
- Work with some of the biggest and best known fashion brands in the world.
- A young, motivated and international team of fashion lovers!
- Travel expenses, depending on your home-work distance.
- Lots of possibilities for growth and personal development.
We are also always on the lookout for talented independent photographers/stylists to add to our freelance pool!